Queer years are those of my adolescence
Come, I shall enlighten you on their ambience
Eleven, being a pre teen, in search of innocence
I let my heart thump as loud as a bassoon in all indulgence!
All for a fair knight with a sexy sway,
Who went on his own way, anyway!
Twelve, I shined not as the happy dolls
A little duckling, as ugly as the trolls
I knew not any pampering
Nor did I get any acclaiming
Thirteen, being an anorexic teen, I became mean
And rebuked those who spoke, even spoke in between
For my world revolved, my own cosmos
The one which was dark in its own ethos
Fourteen saw the days of a good looking teen
So in need of love and to be loved as a Queen
Never did I cry so much for a cheat
Who called himself a good treat!
Fifteen became the reign of the solo Queen
Full of myself, I reached my apogean
Failing in tests, lacking in interests
Only my studies became my disgrace, nevertheless
Sixteen, I blew the candles on my cake with feminity
The cat in me now sought her own liberty
Mom forbid the lot called boyfriends
Though in hiding I sought for their hands!
Seventeen turned me into a sceptical spiritualist
Sometimes a believer, sometimes an atheist
Though I found pleasure in the mundane
I relished the holy verses, they took me on another plane!
Eighteen became my most sensitive age
I lost my heart for a man of aging age
He taught me the essence of the world of adults
A rotten one, toxic, evil and full of lusts!
Nineteen saw the dawning of the rebel
Now turned into a full believer of the maker of Abel
I rejected love since then
And chose to live by the holy Amen!
O jolly days, carefree days, where are thy ways?
A decade later, I crave for the past with its rays!
No comments:
Post a Comment