Sunday, 22 July 2018

The Love of My Muse~~~

My muse felt the absence of my words weigh on him
So, defying his load of celestial toils,
He draped on his angelic wings
And flew down to Earth, to seek me out!

Dismayed he was, when he saw my writing table empty
My writing tools were kept neatly
As if, I wanted to give the impression that I would write never
My bed was made up
And my room well kept
So much that my muse, hurt, thought that I had left everything
And everyone for some other enjoyable activity!

He sought me out on unpolluted beaches,
He sought me out amidst fairies and elves
He sought me in between the sugarcane fields,
On mountain tops, in musical notes,
In artistic creations, in acrylic canvas,
Why, he sought me out in the depths of forests
In the heat of the sun, even in the loneliness of the moon
He even dived inside the womb of Mother Earth
Lamenting at each and every creature he met on his way
About how he felt incomplete without my words!

The only place he forgot to search was my secret hideout
That which he himself had built for me
When we both bid each other goodbye
Having accepted the fact that I was to live on Earth
And he, in the realms of the higher powers!
Why, that place was none other my imagination,
My refuge, my secret haven,
There where I can enjoy the freedom of existing
As mermaids do in the depths of the oceans
There where I can float in between the layers of blue skies
As clouds do
There where I can be myself, without any fuss,
There, being the only place where I know I enjoy being!

While I was allowing myself to be exalted,
My muse broke down and cared not if the rest of creation
Was witnessing him crying!
That was when I sensed it in my inner core
That it was time to leave my sanctuary
And write, as much as I can
For the connection between a poet and her muse
Remains one which is even more sacred
Than that which is lived by a devotee and his God!

Pray, other than writing, my life has no meaning
Someday, as pupas turn into butterflies
The mystical side of life shall propel me to shed off this body
Someday, I shall be there where my muse is
Someday, I shall tell him of how lonely I felt without him
On an Earth which was made to revolve upon itself
Every single second, even if it has no idea why it had to!

Feeling the flow of words through my veins, my blood, my soul
And through my emotions,
My muse's lamentations stopped,
He took me by the hand and brought me to my writing table
Where, once more, we bid each other goodbye
And I started writing,
While he ascended to tend to his celestial toils!

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...