Tuesday, 12 March 2013

For our Independence from a child of the soil

On this great day in your glory
I salute thee, o peaceful estuary!


Long live our earned Independence
Long live this achieved magnificence
It does grant us with liberated freedom
To revere our most cherished kingdom
 


Cheers for allowing me to be Free
Free to be, in peace, justice and liberty
Free to write, free to be in symphony
Free to be a woman in all simplicity

 
With all my dreams and aspirations
I enjoy being in a state of liberations
Being respected and revered
Being regarded and admired
 


Gained after my forefather's hard toil
Today, being a child of the soil
I write to breathe in all unity
I write to share with you, this exalt of liberty!


Say, little island, Lion of the surrounding oceans
Proud we all are, after 45 years, to be Mauritians!

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...