Sunday, 21 October 2018

A woman, as one~~~~~

Is being woman a burden
So much that, constantly,
The woman requires protection,
Relies on dependency
And on the good faith of man?

Why, living as a woman in a shadowy world
Has had me experiencing the shudders of pain,
The pangs of rejection,
The needs to be blameless at all times,
And the requirements to be perfect!

A woman, as one,
I am to know when to open my mouth,
When to smile,
When to hide my tears,
When to pretend,
When to be strong,
When to act unaffected,
And when to seem to enjoy life!

But I do wonder, if, someday,
While I shall enjoy the eternal blooms of Eden,
I shall feel this burden of being a woman weigh on me
I wonder,
If I shall be assessed as a mere piece of merchandise
Instead of having my secret diary opened up
And read
As one of the masterpieces of creation?

Why, is it
Is it the shadow of Eve's fall that we, women
Do carry with us
Is it her sins that weigh on our hearts
And make us feel, like,
Unless we resort to being perfect on the whole
We shall never find acceptance?

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...