The essence of life
I do keep wondering about
Is it all about faith
Is it a mere wait for death
The essence of death
Such brings to me great joy
New ways opening up to my soul
New avenues bringing me closer to the Lord
The call of my heart
Such do I discard with mere casualness
Of what use is the meaning of love
If not only to be lust in disguise
And what of the aim of living
Such has brought about great philosophising
In what to believe
In having an aim or simply to be an accident of science
The reason to be happy
Whether in great euphoria or in misery
Is surely the test of the Lord
To see whether someday we do deserve a reward
And what would I make of myself
After all this pondering
Pray, if you do have an answer
Lend it to me, so I may say faithfully my daily
prayer!
No comments:
Post a Comment