Once, as I stood and stared at the stars
Totally lost in their splendor
There appeared in my hands
A parchment paper
On which was written
My life as I had lived it till then!
As I tried to make out what to do with it
There appeared in my hands
A pen
Write it as you want it to be
Whispered the winds
Write of your life as you want it to happen henceforth!
My grip shook and I bit my lips hard
So hard that a trickle of blood ran down my chin
Pray, am I supposed to write of my own life
Is it not cheating
Why, if I be allowed to write of such
May it be so for the rest of the world!
Write of your life, whispered the winds again
You have the opportunity to
The rest of the world will not be given this chance
But you do
Immerse yourself in the splendor of such
And write whatever you wish to!
My grip failed me as my hands turned shaky
The pen fell on the dark soil and I slumped down
Feeling like I am a huge mess
I won't write anything, whispered I to the night sky
I won't write anything simply because I remain in love
In love with the power that willed me to be
In love with its mercy and its harshness upon me
In love with its pricks and its thorns
In love with its mystery!
I choose not to adhere to this boon of it
I choose, rather, to wait,
For what it will thrust upon me
And to live it all with a smile plastered on my face
As a token of proof of my love for it
Whispered I to the winds!
The winds shuddered and the night shadows trembled
The stars danced and the cosmos became alive
The piece of paper disappeared from my hands
And I was left with nothing but the sounds of the winds
Swishing past me!
Relieved, I smiled
Knowing that the power that governs it all
Has accepted to test the might of my love
Why,
I shall not fail it
I intend not to
For I live for it!
Soothed, I chose to sit and stare at the stars once more
Knowing that someday
I shall be there, by the side of the power
That allows them to birth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love, tell me~~~
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
To be in love Is it simply to live? Is it to find relief Among the floating grief To be in love Is it to be able to forgive When the ...
-
How lonely it is Seems like bees are not dancing And boys are missing How lonely indeed When time flies as a rocket But leaves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment