My soul sought out to feel fulfilled
Swirling in its own microcosm
It did feel that something was amiss
So, it cracked open its eggshell
And managed to crawl out of me
Seeking to feed itself
With all the pleasures that the world would offer!
It first went to a pond
Where, for the first time ever,
It saw its own reflection in the water
Why, is that it?
It wondered out loud
A body meant to grow, to age
To be taken care of, to feed,
To bathe, to beautify
Solely to shed it off at some point in time?
Dejected, it chose to mingle with humans
Why, seeing the veil of ignorance over their vision
Seeing their attachment for the pleasures of the flesh
Seeing their devotion to a world, so uncertain
It chose to hide itself in shadowy places
In places where none would be able to reach out to it,
For, humans, it would seem,
Lived to enjoy while denying the suffering imposed upon them!
Its heart pulsating with pain
It chose to knock on doors where religion was practiced
Only to discover that nothing was there
Nothing except the need to be imbibed with a sort of mindset
One in which life was given meaning
Life was made bearable
Life was ascribed rules and regulations
Why, shall it ever feel fulfilled here?
It then chose to immerse itself in the sparkling show of starlight
Which offered itself to it
There, on a high cliff where the winds whisper
And the moon sings
While creatures of the night dance
But
Still, it was met with silence and emptiness!
Is that it, whispered my soul, is that all this world gives
False pleasures and emptiness
Bidding one to lose one's divine connection
Bidding one to be more and more tangled in the unnecessary,
In sin,
So that one gets trapped and enslaved to it?
Why, what is it that feeds on our needs?
What is it that feeds on our negativity?
Pray, pitying my soul,
I chose to cradle it up to my bosom
As if it were a frail child
Listen, whispered I to it
I've already seen the impending doom that hangs over us
I've already felt the emptiness
I've already conditioned myself to accept my fate
Know that here, neither you nor I shall feel fulfilled
Know that to be fulfilled
You shall have to wait for when ropes shall be thrust upon you
To cling on, to be lifted there, where bliss and fulfillment prevail!
Here, emptiness and gloom reign
See, even the world revolves upon its own misery
So pray, when you feel like you need to find fulfillment
Just open yourself
And allow the melodies of mystery to invade your whole self
Till shall come the time to welcome that glow you seek for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love, tell me~~~
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
To be in love Is it simply to live? Is it to find relief Among the floating grief To be in love Is it to be able to forgive When the ...
-
How lonely it is Seems like bees are not dancing And boys are missing How lonely indeed When time flies as a rocket But leaves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment