Wednesday, 6 December 2017

To be Real!

Why do I have to wear make up

Straighten my hair

Lose weight

Wear the latest trends

And of course walk in heels

If I want to be noticed by men?

Why

Men don’t do as much

Men remain all natural

Men remain real

Men indulge in beer

In cigarettes and in

Greasy food

Men have a bulging belly

Men

Yes,

Men can afford to be themselves

While

I, have to look out of this world

I, have to look plastic

I, and all of my sisters

Have to appear all perfect!

Pray

Has the society not gone too far?

Has the society not crossed its limits?

Media and technology

Do help shape the feminine body

Media and technology

Can make me look like a goddess

But is it the real me?

Is the real me not

A being living upon the beats of a frail heart

Is the real me

Not subject to be human

To look simple and humble

To be prone to put on weight

To want to eat some greasy food as well

To want to look natural

Without having my face stuffed with make up

To walk like a lady

Yet, to walk about comfortably

In sneakers

Or flats?

Why?

Why should I hide my pimples

Why should I hide my wrinkles

Why should I make as if I don’t have stretch marks

I am, before being a woman,

A woman judged in a man’s world

A woman analyzed from head to toe by the men

I am,

A child of the universe

A child having been created to be as such

A child meant to be as I am

Real

And down to Earth

Real and

Asking naught but to live and to be let

Asking naught but to be accepted

The way I am!

I am not a doll

I am not an object of plastic surgery

But neither are those men

Those men who think that I have in me

Everlasting powers to keep them interested and aroused!

Why

In this world here, everything is subject to change

See how easily a day turns into night

See how easily the caterpillar becomes a butterfly

See how easily a seed becomes a fruit

See how easily the clouds turn into rain

Why

So am I, a being made to be as I am

A being, subjected to Time!

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...