If Life and I were lovers,
Pray, would it have held my hand
As I jumped over stones scattered across rivers
Merely to reach there where Fate wills me to be?
More, would it have me sitting with it
Under the shades of giant trees
In orchards meant only for us both
And would it have played for me,
Notes, powerful enough as to stir my heart?
If Life and I were lovers,
What would it have expected from me
If not that I love it
And submit to it
As dutifully as a faithful wife does!
Pray, what is this essence called Life
Am I to be its lover?
Accepting everything it thrusts upon my palms
As if these were sacks of gold
As if these were precious stones
As if these were magic wands?
Life, bold and powerful
As tough as a ferocious soldier
As disciplined as a strict school master
As cruel as a hungry lion
As blind as an ignorant man
Yes, life,
Can it be a lover
One who shall care about the flowers in my heart
Watering them when the need arises
And clearing the weeds as soon as they sprout?
Why, if Life and I were lovers
It would have allowed me to smile at all times
By making me feel that the beating power
In which my emotions live
Is merely a magical unicorn
One which creates awe and wonder in others
One which is well loved and admired
But,
Life, mighty and tough
Seems to be a brutal guard
Who keeps watching our every step
While imposing its conditions upon us
And while reminding us
That our steps shall, inevitably,
Turn into vapory fumes someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love, tell me~~~
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
To be in love Is it simply to live? Is it to find relief Among the floating grief To be in love Is it to be able to forgive When the ...
-
How lonely it is Seems like bees are not dancing And boys are missing How lonely indeed When time flies as a rocket But leaves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment