There came a time, when i was given the choice
Either walk alone and be happy, or
Follow the crowd and pretend to rejoice
Even if such an act shall make me all sore!
I braved the impossible, I learnt to say no
No to the practice of false marriages
No to the illusory life they promise, filled with sorrow
No, said I, I wish not to have my life filled with pretentious
pages
I did learn to walk alone
Though such did make me a lonely drone
As time went by, I emerged as a stronger woman
A woman with an iron rod in her heart, surely a unique one!
As time went by, I learnt to know myself,
I am the one in love with the Lord of Stealth
I am the one Queen of poetry
I did it my way, and today, I do feel pleased at my own bravery!
No comments:
Post a Comment