Friday, 15 June 2018

Lost in a dream

Lost in a dream,
I flew to a land I knew not,
There,
It would seem,
Everyone was busy,
Rushing to and from their routines!

And I, dressed in a white veil,
Could only allow my hammering heart
To paint, on those paths which were laid in front of me,
The scenarios meant to be the setting for
What was to come!

Lost in a dream,
I flew to that land
Which I never knew existed,
There,
I was handed my dues
Which I accepted,
Knees bent and head bowed
As if,
I were a fairy being allowed to go back home
After having been held captive in mundanity!

There,
I watched the sunset,
There,
I let the notes of the flute
Soothe me down,
Melt me down
And drown me,
Under the weight of their magnificence!

Pray, of what use is dreaming
If dreams arouse not in us,
The exalt of the mystical side of life!

Lost in that dream,
I never returned to the real
Rather, captured and abducted,
I became a Queen,
One meant to cater
Solely to responding to the loving demands
Of that King who sought me out!

Pray, lost, somewhere in between the real and the dream world
I became as pure as doves are
When they have to choose between war and peace
Or between hating and forgiving
Pray,
If dreams do become true,
Then, so may it be!

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...