When I saw the beautiful moon
I wished I could sit and contemplate it for ever
So big, so bright, so mysterious
It made me think of fairies
And of love!
Yes, sure why not?
Love must surely be found in all corners
Not only on Earth
But everywhere in the Universe
In every dark spot,
In every floating matter
In every mile of silence
Love, surely does exist in some other form
Other than lust
Other than selfishness
Other than material well being
Other than superficial longing
Love, surely does exist in creation
Why, would you believe me
When I say, to be, simply is an act of love?
Looking at the moon,
I wished I could fly
Away to where the Lord stays
To where there is only joy
Laughter and devotion
I would write to Him
Of my eternal verses
Meant to stay forever, wherever
Looking at the moon,
I wished I could fly
I would land on the moon
And dance with the Lord
Even if only for a short while
Say, would you do me a favour?
Would you grab the moon and pull it down for me?
I need to understand its nature
By which I could reach to the Lord!
Meanwhile, like me, do sit and contemplate
That which neither you nor me can understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment