Monday, 14 May 2018

Life and its Tests~~~

The tests of Life
Loom over me as if they were dark clouds
Ready to lash out at me with their rainy pellets
Drenching me and absorbing me in their mass
Burdening me and tiring me with their weight!

Of these have I made the essence of my daily living
Why, what is the aim of  living
If not, trying to prove to the higher powers
That we do repent having birthed
In a world whose meaning is still not clear?

Of these tests, though,
I do wish to make into successful notes
Onto these, I do wish to be able to hang on to
To be deemed as pure
And worthy of being forgiven!

Yet, most of the times, they seem
To be twisted into traps
Traps meant to have me plunge further into Earth's muck
Traps meant to have me want to be released
Forever, and to never have to care about them anymore!

Why, faced with Life's tests
I become as weak as is a flower in a rainstorm
Faced with Life's tests
I become as vulnerable as is a human
Inhabited by emotional turmoil!

Pray, it becomes then, a matter of obligation
To smile even when my shelters are cracking
To swallow my gulps and to give the best of me
Even when all I desire is to have the shadows engulf me
Why, it becomes a must to pretend to be bold

When Life's tests do keep looming over me
Reminding me each time, that I keep failing them
That somehow, they overpower me
And can, at any time,
Release lightning bolts, geared to turn me into dust!

Still, amidst these tests,
Are to be found, ever so subtly,
Cheat notes, encrypted in such a way
That only the heart can decipher them
Yes, notes they are, meant to be read only at their set time

Having as purpose, to imbibe us with hope
And love, aiming to remind us, that shelters do fall apart
But only to have, at their place,
Fortresses, erected, kept safe
By bonds over which we, mortals, have no control over!

And these notes, amidst life's tests
Are as soothing as are fireplaces
During winters' nights
Pray, life, tests, shelters, notes, love,
Everything is meant to come and go, as tides do on shores!

Better it is to learn to enjoy them
Better it is to learn to smile from the heart
Better is it indeed to live them as children do
Free, carefree, loved and fulfilled
By the simplicity of the comfort they do give!

No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...