The night was still young, the hour, early
Alone was I in my room
Alone, musing, ready to write, sipping on a glass of brandy
Enjoying the silence, sure, common, yet, wishing I felt not so empty
Though it was still early, the night seemed to be so sexy
A cool wind soothed my warm skin
A huge moon hung up in the sky, shining so bright, making me all dreamy
The twinkling stars had me drowned in far away tales of princes and princesses
A gulp of brandy and I was all ready
I got up to fix my hair, and to be, for bed, all preppy
O sheer horror it was when I did glance at mine own reflection in the mirror
I saw not one reflection but two of myself staring back at me
One was the plain me
The other one was me basked in beauty
With glistening skin, pure in soul, and lovely in figure
Why, thought I, what could I be seeing other than a ghostly doppelganger?
To me it did smile
To me it did say thus
Wake up, wake up from your sleep
This world is a dreamy one, yet, for the disappointments it gives you, pray make not a fuss!
This world is certainly not real
Please be not attracted to its feel
Life is here, here where I am
Life is here, in the land of the sacred name!
I was so scared
I could not talk
I did only listen
For indeed, for love, I was, but a heart so broken!
A doppelganger I am for sure
She continued
But do know one thing
One day, you shall be me!
Our worlds are interconnected
An alien I may seem to be
But please be not scared
Rather, do live, more, do live without any care!
Having said thus, she disappeared from my sight
My mirror showed now, only me in plain sight
Was I dreaming
Had I been imagining
Was it the brandy
Surely,
Surely, it must be so
Else, I would not have been talking to another me in the mirror
Yes, the night may still be young
But enough, let me get to bed
Tomorrow shall indeed give me more stead
As when the light does shine, mysterious creatures do keep at bay!
But the words of mine own doppelganger remained stuck in my head
The truth shall I know someday
Someday, someday, I hope is indeed far away
For now, I only wish to live my own life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love, tell me~~~
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
To be in love Is it simply to live? Is it to find relief Among the floating grief To be in love Is it to be able to forgive When the ...
-
How lonely it is Seems like bees are not dancing And boys are missing How lonely indeed When time flies as a rocket But leaves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment