Life handed me my ascribed duties
With a straight face and a smile hidden in its eyes
Go, it said,
As its invoked winds pushed me to where I was due!
Once there, I chose to obey Life
For I did not want to be deemed as being ungrateful
Rather, I wanted to be among those
Whose history would clearly shout out
That we accepted life and everything that it threw
Upon our open palms!
I did my duties, carrying on my shoulders
The statue of stoicism
And that of determination
Even if I could not understand anything
About why I was doing whatever I was!
I simply told myself, that someday,
Life would hand me a key
To open its door and things would then fall into place
But, how mistaken I was!
As, from the very depth of my being,
Something started beating,
Pulsating, bouncing even
With a frenzy that I could not handle!
It beat so hard that it had me flying high up on red clouds
Having me wanting solely to allow it to keep on beating
Till shall come the time when, exhausted,
I shall lose myself in succumbing to it!
Seeking answers,
I frantically tried to find the list of duties that life had handed me
I sought to know if handling those frenetic beats were part of same
But the winds just reminded me that these had been washed away
By heavy rains!
I chose to call out to Life, wanting to get clear and concise answers
But I could not find it
Rather, I kept being dragged and being twirled in the grip of that power in me!
I chose to whisper my quest to flowers, as they danced in green meadows,
Hoping that someday, they would meet Life
And convey to it,
My concerns
But the flowers just looked at me, like Life did,
With a straight face and with a smile hidden
In their eyes!
Pray, meanwhile, the beats of that power that lay in me
Were getting more and more powerful
As powerful as a drug
As to cause me to be addicted to them
And to fear for whether someday, they shall beat no more!
Pray, to my duties I do swear holy allegiance
I decided then, to be still
And to let Life react at its own time and pace
It shall invoke its winds again
I am sure,
And these shall blow me on my fated path!
Sunday, 29 April 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love, tell me~~~
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...
-
To be in love Is it simply to live? Is it to find relief Among the floating grief To be in love Is it to be able to forgive When the ...
-
How lonely it is Seems like bees are not dancing And boys are missing How lonely indeed When time flies as a rocket But leaves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment