Tuesday, 17 April 2018

Trepidation~~~

A huge discomfort gripped my heart
And tried to squeeze its life out
When I was shaken
To see how scary this world is;
People learn,
Right from their young age,
That they have to pay respect
To some entity they call God,
But whom they have never seen
For themselves!

How scary this world is,
Pain grips on to us from all sides
Sometimes by inflicting upon us
The burden of wanting that which we shall never have
Sometimes by thrusting in our faces
The harshness of Death and eternal separation
And at other times,
By hammering on us, mundane toils,
Mundane toils meant to tear away our peace of mind
Meant to have us worrying constantly
Instead of enjoying the beauty that this world can have!

Why, this world is one where I am meant to suffer,
Pray, such has come to my awakening more than a decade ago
A world, so like a prison
Where life is held tight to rules, to conditions,
To the whims of the Ego, to the imposition of lust,
And to the vulnerability of love!

Like the rest of the people,
Me too, I do pray to that entity called God
But, unlike the rest of the people
I pray in ways I feel like,
Ways not really conform to what has been stipulated
By books, written by people I have never seen
And shall never see
Yet, people whose words everyone else abide!

Like the rest of the people,
I toil, hoping that the great entity shall be kind to me
If I do show it that I am being kind in my person
Why, somehow,
I wish to have the padlocks tied to my ankles opened up
I wish to grow wings
And I wish to fly out of this world's limits
I wish to be there,
Where life is,
Rhyming constantly with love!


No comments:

Love, tell me~~~

If I cry openly Will it move you Love? Or do you feel stable Only when I smile and pretend That my blooms are wilting not That my moons...